Fitness, for some it is about being lean, for some it is about building muscles and for some it is being able to climb mountains. Whatever your perception of fitness is, unless you work towards it; you cannot achieve it! Most of my friends ask me what I do to stay in shape even with busy work schedule so I thought to jot down my routine.
With office being too far from my home, day goes in travel and work. My weekends also have unpredictable schedule with either blog events, family functions or just running errands. So I haven’t joined any fitness center or gym for my work outs. Instead I follow below:
- Play Badminton : I was a under 16 state level badminton player and my love for this sport is still huge. Even though I’m not a professional player anymore, I make sure to play weekly twice or thrice for an hour. It breaks the monotonous routine and keeps me active.
- Eating Right: Sumo wrestlers skip breakfast, starve for long and eat 2 huge meals. We don’t want to follow this diet, right! I never skip my breakfast, even if I am in a hurry, I will grab a fruit or eat some flakes. I intake 3 meals a day and it definitely includes rice. I avoid eating out a lot, as it is not healthy and also heavy on my pocket 😀 I also intake some anti-oxidant rich products like green tea, dark chocolate to keep the metabolism rate high.
- Regular Stretches : Even though I don’t exercise, I make sure to do basic stretches. Either I do this in the morning, evening or sometimes at night as well. There is no predefined time for exercise, work out or stretches, do it whenever you have some time to spare.
- Short Breaks in Office : More you keep your body active, more fat gets burned. Sitting at the desk whole day, not only makes your body lazy but also leads to body pains. Take short breaks to walk around, go drink water or go for a walk in the campus after lunch. Also avoid lifts and take stairs for 2-3 floors.
- Dance: I’m not a professional dancer but I love dancing. Be it at a party, friend’s place or even at my room I don’t miss a chance to dance to the beats. If you have spare time and love dancing, I suggest you join a dance class as it is one of the best ways to stay fit and in shape.
These are my simple ways to keep myself active and in shape. These might or might not help you as we all have different metabolism rate and body structures. As I learned what is best for me, know your body and plan accordingly!
Stay Fit and Be Healthy! 🙂