One of my favorite food is Biryani and you would already know about it if you follow my personal profile. Chicken Biryani is made with different preparations in different states and different districts as well. I, Personally love the ones which is a wee bit spicier. I do not cook at home usually, or I may say I never cook as that interest hasn’t come to me yet and my mom is a great cook. But one recipe which I had to learn from Mom’s Kitchen was of Biryani and chicken kebab.
I took in-charge of getting the meat and all other groceries as I had to learn everything. I ordered groceries online as always and thank God I came across brownapron that I could order chicken online as well. They have wide range of meat on their website. I ordered whole chicken without skin for Biryani and Chicken Boneless cubes for Kebab.
Ingredients for Chicken Biryani
- 1kg Basmati Rice
- 1kg Chicken(cut into medium pieces)
- 4 Onions
- 50 gm Ginger
- 4 Garlics
- 10 Green Chillies
- Mint Leaves
- Coriander Leaves and 3 tsp Coriander Powder
- 2 Tomato
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- Whole Spices ( mustard, cloves, Cinnamon Stick, Black Pepper, Cardamom, Star anise, bay leaf)
- Garam Masala/Biryani Powder
- Refined Oil
Directions for Chicken Biryani Recipe
- To begin making the Chicken Biryani recipe, wash rice till you get clear water and soak it for minimum 1 hrs before cooking.
- Wash chicken pieces nicely and then marinate them salt, ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder
- Heat the oil and ghee in a cooker, add mustard, cloves, cinnamon stick, Black Pepper, Cardamom, Star anise, bay leaf and stir 2 -3 minutes.
- Add marinated chicken Pieces to this along with some turmeric powder and salt as needed
- Stir this together and cook for 5 minutes with closed lid.
- Now add Ginger Garlic Paste, Onion Paste, Green Chilli and tomato paste, coriander and mint leaf paste one after other and mix it well.
- Add Coriander Powder, red chilli powder, and garam masala to the cooker. Let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the soaked rice to this mixture and 1 & 1/2 litre of boiled water.
- Close the lid and leave it until one whistle.
- Serve it hot with some coriander leaves sprinkled on top for dressing.
You can order Whole Chicken Online at this link.
Ingredients for Chicken Kebab
- 1/2 kg boneless chicken cubes
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- Refined Oil (cooking oil)
- 2 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 2 tsp Maida Powder
- 2 tsp Chickpea powder
- 2 tsp Kebab powder
- 1/2 tsp Pepper powder
- 1/4 tsp Garam Masala
Directions for Chicken Kebab Recipe
- Wash chicken pieces nicely and then marinate with 2 beated eggs, salt, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 2 tsp ginger garlic paste, 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder, 1/2 tsp Coriander Powder, 2 tsp Maida Powder, 2 tsp Chickpea powder, 2 tsp kebab powder, 1/2 tsp Pepper powder and 1/4 tsp Garam Masala
- Keep this aside for 1 hour to soak. Add 1 tsp oil and mix this well so that it won’t stick to your hands
- Add 1/4 ltrs cooking oil to frying pan and let it heat
- Now add marinated chicken pieces to the pan and deep fry
- Serve it hot and eat it along with some chutney or ketchup
You can buy chicken boneless cubes online at this link.
It was not that hard, isn’t it? Let me know if you have tried making these items before and what you think of these recipes in comments below!
Eat well and Be Happy! 🙂
Stay in touch with us on everyday basis on Facebook | Instagram | Twitter !
9 thoughts on “Home Made Chicken Biryani and Chicken Kebab Recipe!”
Recipes on the blog now?? Nice Ashwini 🙂
yes, but only when you love something way too much 😀 #biryaniislove
That looks delicious!
Biriyani for life! This was such an easy recipe
The chicken biryani looks delicious!
Wow the Biryani looks so appetizing!
Have never tried making biriyani at home…but you just inspired me!
Now this is something I have to give a try!