More often than not, we moisturise our face and neck but forget to moisturise the body. I have always tried to make sure that I moisturise my body as effectively as my face. As any other girl next door, I have been using Body lotions. But I could see the trend of Body Butter slowly catching up. Here is the link to one of my favorite body lotion.
These lovely things were brought to my attention by a friend who told me about handicraft body butter. These Body butters are not only organic but also easy on pockets unlike other brands. So I went on a body butter shopping spree and ended up buying three different flavors.
What is a Body Butter:
Body butter is a creamy, thick, moisturising cream that is extra effective in rejuvenating, hydrating and softening one’s skin. They are enhanced with essential oils and most of them do not contain any water. Since the product is sans water, it does not need much of preservatives and will last for at least a year.
- Freshly whipped organic cocoa butter
- Shea butter & Mango butter
- French vanilla fragrance oil
- Lavender essential oils
- 0.3% Preservatives. Wide Spectrum Preservative that prevents – Bacteria, yeast and any fungal growth
These body butters come in a plastic tub/jar which are easy to carry. Unlike body lotions that usually come in bottles, I find these tubs unhygienic as one has to scoop the product from their fingers.
My Experience with Body Butters:
I always thought body lotions moisturise better because of its liquid texture, but surprisingly body butters get absorbed pretty well into the skin and keep it moisturized throughout the day. I recommend that you apply the body butter without wiping out all the water from the skin so that it locks the moisture in. I also applied this cream on my elbows, and knees in the night. The skin in those areas felt noticeably smoother over the days. Body butters are much more suitable for dry areas of the body. I recently discovered that this wonderful product can be used as a hair mask and a lip balm. I have used it as a lip balm so I know it is great. But I am not sure how would it serves as a hair mask considering it is extremely thick in consistency.
The fragrance of this product on the skin lasts for quite a few hours and I’m totally in love with it. I didn’t feel the necessity of reapplying the body butter more than once a day because it keeps the skin soft and smooth throughout the day with just a one-time application. I also use it to remove my makeup sometimes as it is organic and natural.
- It’s remarkably moisturizing and keeps the skin hydrated whole day long.
- It gets absorbed well into the skin and there is no greasy feeling after application. It is a boon for dry and cracking skin because in no time it makes the skin soft and supple.
- Smells Astonishing
- Made up of natural ingredients
- Packaging might be unhygienic
- Not suitable to carry it outside during sunny days as it might melt down. Store it in cool place if it melts and it would be fine to use though it might loose its softness a bit.
TEC Verdict: 4.5/5
For TEC Readers, Jattique is giving a coupon code(SAVE15ONBB) which will give you flat 15% off on all body butters!
Keep it Stylish, Stay Beautiful!